Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Bathrobes

There are many differences between American culture and Italian culture. Some are more apparent than others, but there is one I would have NEVER expected:
Bathrobes.
Yes, bathrobes.
Che stranno....how strange, I know.
Sunday evening, Bea and Vincenzo went out and bought me a beautiful bathrobe. It was quite a surprise to get a gift at such a random time from them, but, I had a feeling it was coming.
Bathrobes, to me, are something I might throw on in the morning (key word here is might), when I’m cold, or after a shower before I dress. But they aren’t a necessity. 
Here, bathrobes are essential. And, since I didn’t bring one, it seemed like the end of the world that I didn’t have one to wear.
So, now I have one, and I’m gong to wear it all the time. Even if it’s weird.


No comments:

Post a Comment