Monday, April 4, 2011

The Greatest Secret of All


Have you ever read something that was so inspiring it left you feeling like you could fly?
Sure, I’ve read some inspirational books; some which brought me to tears, and others which caused me to laugh hysterically. 
But there was one book I recently read that strengthened my life motto; and caused me to feel like I could fly without wings.
A small, 121-page paperback entitled:
In this book, the author Marc Allen creates a plan for achieving your dreams - no matter how impossible they may seem. 
Sounds stereotypical, right? 
A self-help book, hah. 
But believe me when I say I was moved - much like music moves through the soul; the words of Allen moved through me like a rushing current.

I read this ENTIRE book sitting in Barnes and Noble while sipping on a Starbucks latte. And the moment I finished I felt like I was capable of doing anything I set my mind too.
Nothing was going to stand in my way.
So here I am today. Two months after reading this book, one of my many dreams is coming true. A dream I’ve had for a while. 
A dream that I believe will be a truly Unforgettable Experience.
Two weeks from today I will hop on an plane at Philadelphia International and move to Rome, Italy. 
Yes, Rome, Italy. (Actually, Ostia, but it’s in the vicinity of Rome) 
I will move into the home of Francesca, Vincenzo and their 4-yr. old daughter Beatrice. While there I will teach Bea the English language; in return I have the opportunity to continue my study of the Italian language as I tour around Italy, eat gelato like it’s my job (it might be), and drink wine until I turn into a grape. 
I invite you to follow my adventure, 
my unforgettable experience
or in Italian, 
“Mi’esperienza indimenticabile.”

My hope is that you in return will feel inspired, and take the steps you need to accomplish your dreams and your goals.
Marc Allen said it best:
“Our task, then, is to discover our unique contribution to the world and let it shine for all the world to see. And when we do it, we help others do it as well, and the light grows and grows, until it becomes a powerful force for chance in our lives and in the world.”

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your comment and support Prof. Nichols :)
    It will sure be an experience!

    ReplyDelete