Friday, April 8, 2011

A Rose That Can Grow Anywhere


10 days. 

That’s it.

10 days until my life completely changes; when I’ll fly to another country, where I have no family, no connections, nothing.
Where I’ll try to adapt and adjust to an unknown territory while having so many barriers to overcome.
I’m teetering on the verge of completely losing it.
You ever get that feeling where you could puke, but you hold back? You control it.
Well I have that feeling; just with crying.
I’m just barely holding back.
As many of you know, I have an obsession with music. I love it all! I love discovering new artists, or listening to the biggest stars of the time. 
Music speaks to my soul, so clearly I’ve been listening to A LOT of it lately. And right now, as we speak, I’m listening to the 5 men who understand me the most:
Naturally, I had an obsession with the Backstreet Boys when I was a youngin’, and sometimes all I want is to sit back and listen to them; they calm my nerves and bring a huge Marissa smile to my face (for those of you who know what the Marissa smile is, you’re pretty lucky).
Right now, the song “What Makes You Different, Makes You Beautiful” is playing; and right as soon as I started this entry, I heard a lyric that suited my mood.
It goes a little something like this:
“I know sometimes you feel like you don't fit in
And this world doesn't know what you have within
When I look at you, I see something rare
A rose that can grow anywhere
And there's no one I know that can compare
What makes you different... 
makes you beautiful....”
So for today, those few words will help my fight through my nerves, my anxiousness and my fears, and I hope they help EVERYONE reading this fight through their day as well.

Some of my closest friends, people I love with all my heart, will be graduating in just a few weeks, and I know how scary of a feeling that is - you have no plan, no idea of where to go or what to do - but trust me, no matter where life leads you, you will all be fine.
Why?
God made each and every one of us a rare and unique individual. 
No matter where the road takes us, we can grow anywere....

No comments:

Post a Comment