Friday, June 10, 2011

In Perfect Time

“The best thing about dreams is that fleeting moment, when you are between asleep and awake, when you don't know the difference between reality and fantasy, when for just that one moment you feel with your entire soul that the dream is reality, and it really happened.”
These past two nights, I have had the most vivid and beautiful dreams; filled with people who have affected my life in such a way that just the thought of them warms my heart. I love that feeling, described in the quote above, where I am slowly awakening from my slumber, but my dream is so vivid and real. I believe I could reach out and touch those in my dream. But, they are so delicate, I’m afraid a touch will make them vanish.
Someone once told me a dream is a wish your heart makes.
If that is true, then my heart is wishing for the same thing every night.
When reality sets in, and I realize that beautiful music in the background of my dream is really the annoying “ping” of my alarm clock, I dread opening my eyes. 
But, I know that night after night, I will continue to dream, and my heart will continue to wish, and in all perfect timing, those wishes will come true. And I will no longer have to dream. <3


No comments:

Post a Comment