Thursday, September 1, 2011

Starbucks, You Are Missed!

“Behind every successful woman is a
 substantial amount of coffee.” 
Stephanie Piro
Ahh the sweet smell of roasted coffee beans, the sound of espresso machines, the taste of sweetness and bitterness all rolled into one...ahh the beauty of...Starbucks.
Yes I am blogging about Starbucks. 
Why?
Because out of all the things I’ve had to adjust to while living in Italy, there is one thing I can’t manage to adjust too - and that is the lack of Starbucks in my life. 
I am living in the coffee capital of the world, and you’re probably wondering why the hell I am missing Starbucks, well, I will tell you my friend.
It’s not necessarily the coffee I am missing (because truthfully, the coffe in Italy is incomparable), it’s the ambiance, the atmosphere of Starbucks that I miss - a comfort of mine I grew to love the three years I lived in State College.
Every day I would travel to Starbucks. 
Every day.
I think my friend figured out that I would spend about $100 a month on coffee (more than I spent on clothes, or shoes, or partying).
My uncle used to joke that I could easily be the spokesperson of Starbucks my habit was so strong.
The beauty of Starbucks, for me, was the ability to walk into an atmosphere that accepted me and left me feeling comfortable; comfortable enough to stroll in at 7am after a long night, or spend my afternoons and sometimes, late-evenings studying in a corner with my Iced Grande SF Vanilla Coffee (my fav). I could be alone, or with beautiful company, or, running late to work because I HAD to stop and get a Starbucks before my shift.
Last week, my two dear friends, Michele and Nichele traveled to Paris, and they found a Starbucks! Michele called me from inside the Starbucks, just to allow me the joy of this experience for a brief moment. And, with her understanding of my love, she even brought me back a cup!
So yes, my addiction for Starbucks is still strong - I do miss my mornings, afternoons, and evenings spent at my favorite spot. 
So Starbucks, if you ever read this, I am willing to help you begin your journey breaking into the Italian coffee market - and you would succeed. There are hungry Americans dying for Starbucks in Rome, and after all, I’m here, and probably would never leave your side! 
Until then, I’ll make my own version of iced coffee......now if only I could find ice...

No comments:

Post a Comment