Monday, July 4, 2011

San Vito lo Capo - Sicilia

"You may have the universe if I may have Italy." --Giuseppe Verdi

I’m one of the lucky ones. I’ve been able to travel all over Italy; experience beautiful, enchanted cities, breathtakng beaches, climb mountains and explore Ancient Rome. But after spending a week on vacation with my Italian family in Sicily, at San Vito lo Capo, I can easily say no matter how much of Italy I have seen, it never ceases to amaze me! Our home was on the Mediterranean, I could walk down the steps, and be on the beach with two hops, one skip and a jump. Meggie and I drove through the mountains, down the coast where we visited Palermo and Capo d'Orlando. We swam in the warmest, and bluest of waters, and took in some amazing sunsets. 
I sometimes wonder if God spent extra time creating Italy and all of it's beauty...



No comments:

Post a Comment