Saturday, July 16, 2011

M&M Take Rome By Storm!

You May Say I’m A  Dreamer, But I’m Not The Only One”
 - John Lennon
Two years ago I spent my summer in State College as a PR intern for the American Red Cross. While there, not only did I develop skills in my field of interest, but I met people who would become staples in my life. 
People I would be able to count on. 
Friends I could trust. 
That summer was a life-changing summer, for many reasons, and I feel blessed with the people who found a way into my life, for I am a better and stronger person because of them today.
Crazy how life comes around full circle
One of my dear friends I made that summer, Michelle, has been a huge part of my life for these past two years. We’ve laughed together, drank way to many Monkey Boys together, cried together, and now, we are working together!
Three weeks ago, Michelle packed up her bags and jumped on a plane to Rome to live with an Italian family and help guide and teach their children.
We both have dreams, dreams to take the PR world by storm someday, and we are both willing to leave our comfort zones and grow. Whether that means living in a foreign country or not, now, I have a dear friend next to me to take Rome by storm. Even if we pay 8 Euro for pictures with fake soldiers :)






No comments:

Post a Comment