Monday, November 7, 2011

A Classical Sunday


“Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, 
wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, 
and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.” -Plato
As I entered il Parco Della Musica (The Music Park) in Rome last Sunday, I was taken-aback by the beauty of the auditorium, the architecture - the people in the crowd. As we sat there, anxiously awaiting a performanc of Bach’s Suite #4 by Italian musician Marco Brunello, I was reminded once again that Italians truly know how to live. 
It was a beautiful fall day, the sun was shining and the air felt crisp but warmed me as we strolled through the open markets and headed to the Auditorium. 
As I listened to Brunello play Bach’s Suite #4, I was in complete awe - one man was able to capture Bach’s essence; not an orchestra, or a group of musicians, one single man left the entire crowd speechless.
I love music, as many people do - but this classical ensemble made me develop a completely new appreciation for music; not just Top 40.
Listen to the suite and take a look at the pictures of Parco Della Musica and Marco Brunello below. It won’t do it justice, but it might give you some insight into how I felt listening to Brunello live. Bach was truly an incredible composer and musician and I was blessed to be able to experience such a remarkable display of talent.

No comments:

Post a Comment