Tuesday, August 23, 2011

My Best Friend


“We have something special that no one, no distance, no time can take away...we have each other.” 
-Andrew Tawney
I’ve spent the last 20 days with my best friend Nichele. Someone who I can sit beside on a couch, without saying a word, yet feeling completely satisfied. 
Someone I feel completely invincible with, whether we are running around Rome, or catching invisible trains to Reggio Calabria. When I’m with Nichele, my happiness reaches a completely different level. 
I can count on her to be there when I need her the most, to tell me when I’m overreacting, smack me when I date the wrong guys, or be my sidekick when a girl needs put in her place. 
But most of all, despite time apart, and a big pond between us, nothing changed they way we are together. We are both growing up and finding our own way through life, but, no matter what we do, or where we end up, we will always stay grounded and always stay true to each other. 
We have had our moments, times when we destroy everything and everyone in our path, when we drink too much and say things we don’t mean.  Without Neesh, I wouldn’t lose my keys and get robbed, without me, Neesh wouldn’t get stuck in Italy and lose her phone. But, we realize without each other, these moments just wouldn’t quite be the same. We are learning and growing together, and making an impact everywhere we go (good or bad).
Because that is what true friendship is about, loving each other and accepting each other for who we are, no matter where this crazy world takes us. We conquered Penn State together, we are conquering Italy together, next, who knows, but with her, I am confident we could conquer the world.
Ti Voglio Tanto Bene Neeshy <3 


No comments:

Post a Comment